YouTube TV is a subscription service Google launched in 2017 designed to offer more than 80 live channels. It includes the expected basic options like ABC, PBS, CBS, etc., and more niche channels HGTC, TNT, ESPN, etc. The precise lineup depends on your location.
You can add premium channels like STARZ, Showtime, HBO, Etc. paying extra. If live TV is not your thing then there are an array of on-demand movies and shows to binge-watch on YouTube TV.
Watch YouTube TV on major streaming devices or download specific apps designed for gaming consoles, and smartphones. Use the YouTube TV website to watch on your laptop or computer directly.
Why do YouTube TV playback errors occur?
SometimesYouTube TV Playback errorhinders watching the live channel. Multiple reasons causedYouTube TV playback errorbut the common ones are -
Poor internet connection- YouTube Playback error on TVmost possibly means there is an issue in the connection between the Wi-Fi and the browser. Not having a stable internet connection speed causes the browser to lag, which impacts the functioning of YouTube. So, check your Wi-Fi before you start streaming.
Many users- Only three streams are supported at a time and if the use goes beyond this you will get aplayback error on YouTube TV. It means you cannot stream on your phone, TV, tablet, and laptop, simultaneously. You can play 3 streams on 3 devices. Therefore avoid sharing your log-in details with multiple people or the error will frequently pop up.
Compatibility issue- YouTube TV supports every major streaming device and latest smart TVs, so ensure that the device is compatible or not.
Login verification issue- You may have changed the account password from another device but forgot to enter into the device you are using now to stream, obviously an error message will pop up prompting you to enter the new password.
Location- You can get geo-locked from your local channels if you are traveling.
Channel problem- Some channels experience downtime and you end up withplayback erroron YouTube TV. You cannot do anything but wait for the specific channel to recover. Sometimes even YouTube TV can go down.
Playback error on YouTube TVis a familiar scenario but a common problem that can be fixed with ease.
Troubleshooting theplayback error on YouTube TVinvolves the same steps across every device including Windows, Mac, iPhone, and Android.
Common troubleshooting steps to fix YouTube TV playback error on devices
- Re-open the browser tab and if this does not work refresh the tab.
- Clear the cookies, caches, and temporary files in the browser because sometimes transient files interfere with a smooth streaming experience.
- Switch to Google Chrome, if you are using another browser because YouTube belongs to Google, so it works fast on Chrome. On Android, switch to the YouTube app, if you are watching from a browser and vice versa. It helps to find out which was the issue source. Even on Android Google Chrome is the best option to enjoy seamless streaming on YouTube TV.
- Because of consistent loading and video resolution set high manually can cause playback error on YouTube TV, especially when the internet connection is poor. Decrease the video quality a little low…..
- Use the latest browser version or it can cause periodic stuttering when you stream YouTube videos.
- Restart the computer or the device to see if theYouTube Playback errorgets resolved. Sometimes little issues vanish with a fresh start!
How to troubleshoot YouTube TV Playback Error on Google Chrome?
- Reload video on YouTube
- Close too many open tabs
- Restart Chrome
- If necessary restart the router
- Restart the computer
- Ensure you are using the latest browser version
- If you have a YouTube plugin, uninstall it
- Turn off Adblock
How to troubleshoot YouTube TV Playback Error on Roku?
- Restart Roku device - Settings > System > Restart.
- Restart Roku TV - Settings > System > Power > System Restart.
- Turn off HDR from the ‘Display type’ drop menu.
- Restart Roku by pressing the power button twice.
- From Roku uninstall YouTube TV and re-add it.
How to troubleshoot YouTube TV Playback Error 16?
Clearing of cache files
YouTube TV playback error 16 shows, when the website is struggling to load the video you desire to watch. Before you try technical fixes start with a simple one. Reboot the app, which may allow starting to stream videos again.
Sometimes the cache files stored in the program’s system for smooth experience get clogged and hinder the speed giving the same error codes. Go to your device settings and find the YouTube TV app and open its properties.
Click on the option ‘clear data and cache files’ and check. If the issue is still persisting then dry deleting data files also but remember all the saved login details from the app will be gone and you will need to reenter it.
Update OS & app
Frequent updates are released for programs and devices. Updates are generally associated with the common fixes users have been reporting. Many users shut off auto-updates because frequent updates are frustrating. Nevertheless, some updates are crucial and due to them, you may be gettingerror code on YouTube TV.
Check updates for the operating system as well as the YouTube TV app. if new patches are accessible then download and install. Ensure that the Wi-Fi connection is stable, so you enjoy watching videos without any glitches.
After installing the updates, reboot the device so all temporary files will be replaced and an error message will vanish as the TV boots back up.
Uninstall & reinstall the app
Even still if the issue continues then there can be an error in the app’s configuration. It is a common glitch that occurs when users accidentally change a file. Instead of manual checks in the setting to find which changed file is triggering the error uninstall the app and reinstall it from the app store. The configuration will return to its default setting and the error is gone.
How to troubleshoot YouTube TV Playback Error on Firestick?
- Restart YouTube TV to force stop some malfunctioning feature running mysteriously behind the scene.
- Restart Fire TV.
- Unplug the firestick from the HDMI port of the TV and after some seconds plug it back in.
- Clear cache and data files on firestick because of plenty in store. Junk files compilation can cause the firestick to crash or malfunction.
- Restore firestick to factory default setting. Remember, the user information, as well as apps, are deleted, which you need to reinstate.
- Restart modem & router.
- Check software updates on Firestick.
- Check YouTube outages.
How to troubleshoot YouTube TV Playback Error on a smart TV?
- Close & reopen the YouTube app on the smart TV.
- Restart the TV and play the video.
- Check app updates to ensure you have the latest version.
- Reinstall the YouTube TV app.
- Ensure the internet connection is properly working.
How to change location on YouTube TV to avoid errors?
Changing Home Area is the easiest way but remember you can change it twice a year. To avert the YouTube limitations of Home Area changes, you can use VPN or browser extension.
How to troubleshoot YouTube TV Playback Error licensing this video?
Playback error on YouTube TV is common when Chromecast media player is used but YouTube supports the latest version of Chromecast Ultra, Chromecast device, and Chromecast-enabled app. The licensing error pops up frequently when first-gen Chromecast is used affecting YouTube TV streaming and video watching.
- Restart the YouTube TV app and Operating System to force shut the temporary error files and resolve licensing videos playback errors.
- Update Chrome.
- Update the Widevine CMD component in Chrome.
How to troubleshoot YouTube TV Playback ID Error?
Some of the common situations that cause YouTube TV playback ID error and troubleshooting tips are -
- Corrupted or missing browser files - reinstall the browser to resolve the error.
- Network connection modified - Restart the modem or browser to refresh network configuration.
- Poorly cached DNS data - clear the DNS cache.
- Automatic DNS allocated by ISP is triggering the error - Use Public DNS connection by Google for the connection.
- The bad codec may recently get installed on the system - Use System restore wizard because identifying the software that is causing the error is challenging. Therefore, conduct system restore.
Some fixes forYouTube TV playback errorfew users tried and worked for them are switch accounts or disable & enable the Autoplay or disable extensions or whitelist YouTube in Adblock.
Billions of videos are available on YouTube. You can watch them easily online but if you want one video saved on your phone or personal computer then there are some legal aspects associated with copyright to consider.
If you wish to download YouTube videos for personal use then there are some limitations. YouTube premium offers video downloading to your phone for offline watching. Regular YouTube website even allows download feature to their premium users. The caveat is to watch them within YouTube itself. You cannot watch the downloaded video on a different player.
To save YouTube videos on the phone or computer for offline watching, you will need to use third-party downloaders.
Y2Mate YouTube Downloader
Generally, people choose an online Y2Mate YouTube downloader for convenience. It allows converting and downloading videos and audio in high quality. Y2Mate offers impressive features like -
- Unlimited downloads for free
- No need for registration
- High-speed video converter
- Supports every format downloads
- No need to install other software as the program works well with an ever smart device
- Global support tool and is compatible with every popular language
For easy Y2Mate use, you need to -
- Open Y2Mate in one window of your browser.
- In another window visit YouTube and find the video you wish to download, copy its URL.
- Paste the URL in the specific bar present on the Y2Mate web page.
- Click the ‘Start’ button.
- Automatically, the video link is construed.
- Choose the format and preferred quality before clicking the ‘Download’ button.
- The content starts downloading.
- The content is stored in the computer’s download section.
FlixPal YouTube Downloader
There are literally no restrictions or limitations on downloading the number of YouTube videos for watching offline. You can download files in highly compatible MP4 format to watch on any kind of device. You can choose dubbing or subtitles in your language and save them as .srt files. The downloading speed is matchless. A two-hour movie is downloaded within ten minutes.
How to download with FlixPal?
- Download FlixPal from its official website. Install and launch.
- It has an inbuilt browser, so from within log in to your YouTube account.
- Browse around and find the content you wish to download.
- Click download and set the subtitle and audio options and click ‘Download’ again.
StreamFab YouTube Downloader Pro
StreamFab is another powerful YouTube downloader because it offers great features like -
- The simple layout and interface make it easy for new users.
- Downloads the audios and videos 10 times faster. The download is concluded in a blink!
- Automatically downloads new updated videos from YouTube channels you are subscribed to.
- Downloads Metadata details of the downloaded audios and videos.
- Capable to download the entire playlist in a go without the need to repeat one after another.
- Rather than downloading videos/audios one after another, you can simultaneously download 5 videos and save time.
SnapDownloader allows downloading YouTube videos in 720p, 1080p, 2K, 4K, 8K, and more resolutions. Just paste the YouTube video link in the address bar and SnapDownloader will procure the available video qualities in seconds.
The 8K support empowers you to enjoy HD videos on the big TV screen. SnapDownloader supports Windows and macOS. It downloads multiple videos at the same time even from different websites. You can even download VR [Virtual Reality] videos from YouTube.
Having to put a break in watching your favorite movie because ofplayback error on YouTubeis a nasty experience. It is a simple fix. Try the troubleshooting method one after another as mentioned above, one of them will certainly work. To avoidYouTube playback errorprompts from popping up or for a seamless viewing experience use Y2Mate downloader to save the movie on your PC or mobile phone.
If you want to download videos from other streaming service as well like Netflix, check out this Top 16 Netflix video downloader review.